Mezzanine floors are structural steel platforms generally utilized by industries to create more usable floor space within the same surface area. It offers colossal benefits like increased space for expansion, storage facilities, assembly areas, additional office areas, etc. This helps the companies to expand their operations and increase their return on investments.
Integration of advanced technologies has increased the adoption of mezzanines significantly. The amalgamation of artificial intelligence has enhanced the synchronicity of sorting processes across mezzanine systems. Moreover, the rapidly growing e-commerce industry is likely to support the industrial mezzanine adoption in warehouses and office spaces. As per Fortune Business Insights™, the global market of industrial mezzanines is expected to reach USD 9.43 billion by 2026. The rapidly growing e-commerce industry and increasing technological advancements are likely to be major growth propellants.
COVID-19 Pandemic- Businesses Poise to Wade the Negative Impact of the Outbreak
The mezzanine industry has been struck hard by the global pandemic. The world witnessed a ripple effect as the virus spread like a scalded cat. As we try to navigate the ‘new’ normal, businesses focus on implementing scalable processes to manage the unpredictable demand. Manufacturers are re-evaluating their processes and creating backup plans to prevent future crises. A combination of software solutions and technological advancements will allow businesses to grow significantly in the upcoming years.
Fortune Business Insights Identifies the Following as the Top 10 Leading Companies in the Global Market of Industrial Mezzanines:
1. Cornerstone Specialty Wood Products, LLC:
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the company is a manufacturer of ResinDek flooring panels. The company offers solutions to improve the ergonomics in the work environment.
- To scale up their corporate offices and expand the product storage capacity, City Furniture and United Steel Storage Inc. (USSI) employed two ‘ResinDek LD, Grey Diamond Seal 2’ mezzanine flooring in their warehouse in March 2021.
- In April 2021, the company released a new video to illustrate the advantages of using ResinDek flooring panels on elevated surfaces traveled by robotics automation.
2. Mecalux, S.A:
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, the company specializes in designing, manufacturing, sales, and services of metal racking, automated warehouses, and other storage solutions.
- The company furnished the Almera Mall Shopping Centre in Canelones, Uruguay, with a vigorous five-floored mezzanine platform in December 2019 to expand the storage space and save logistic costs.
- Gioseppo installed the storage solutions provided by Mecalux S.A. in its ‘Elche Logistics Center’ in Spain in January 2019. The storage solutions included racks with in-built walkways, standard pallet racks, and picking four-level mezzanines.
3. Stow International:
Located in Belgium, the company is a leading global provider of industrial storage systems and shelving to complete warehouse solutions.
- In order to cater to racking and mezzanine installation demand across the Nordics countries, Stow International established its services in Sweden in November 2020. The company emphasizes expanding the offering of storage equipment and next-generation automated pallet handling across the Nordics countries.
- The first energy and carbon-neutral logistics center was recently acquired for Eutraco by Stow International in Belgium in February 2021. The humongous 18.465 m2 warehouse comprises 32,000 pallet positions.
4. Jungheinrich AG:
Headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. The company provides active solutions for the warehousing and material flow engineering sector and material handling equipment.
- A Swiss family-based fragrance company called LUZI AG announced the employment of Jungheinrich AG’s automated intralogistics system in March 2021, with the realization of the automated warehouse and material flow system.
- In March 2021, Kracht GmbH, a gear pump manufacturer based in Germany, enlarged its logistic center in Werdohl, North Rhine-Westphalia, using Jungheinrich AG’s fully automated high-bay pallet warehouse. The warehouse now holds space for an additional 2,600 pallet storage location.
5. Gonvarri Material Handling:
The company has its headquarters in Franklin, Wisconsin. The company provides future-proof mezzanine structures for the material handling and logistics industry.
- In February 2021, the company introduced a new generation medium-duty cantilever system with enhanced flexibility, versatility, and compact size system under the brand Dexion.
- In September 2020, Dexion introduced the world’s most advanced automated pallet stacking solution called ‘Palomat.’ The solution packs an internally manufactured racking range that benefits several industrial sectors for heavy lifting applications.
- Gonvarri Stålteknik AB, a part of Gonvarri Material Handling, installed a 3,000 m2 mezzanine floor in the new warehouse for Adriblis AB in Sweden in August 2019 to expand its storage capacity.
6. Schaefer Systems International, Inc. –
The company has its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, US, and offers a complete line of automated material handling applications.
- In April 2021, SSI Schaefer entered into a strategic partnership with Dahl to create an advanced automated warehouse. Dahl is one of the leading wholesaler and trading companies in plumbing, pipes, groundwork, cooling, property, and tools. The company chose SSI Schaefer as a supplier for its new central warehouse to cover the Swedish market.
- SSI Schaefer built a high bay cold storage facility for Kloosterboer in January 2021. SSI SCHAEFER was commissioned with the supply and construction of steelwork for a deep-freeze warehouse situated in Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands.
7. MiTek Mezzanine Systems, Inc. (Cubic Design, Inc.):
The company has its headquarters in New Berlin, Wisconsin, US. It offers design, manufacturing, and installation of innovative and future-proof mezzanine structures for the material handling and logistics industry.
- Mezzanine International Limited solidified its position by launching MiTek Mezzanine System in the US in February 2021, under the MiTek family of brands along with sister companies, i.e., Mezzanine Europe in Germany & Cubic Designs in the US.
- In August 2020, MiTek was presented with MHEDA's Most Valuable Supplier Award for Sixth Consecutive Year. Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA) grants the MVS Award to less than 10% of all member companies.
8. Steele Solutions Inc. –
Headquartered in Franklin, Wisconsin. It is a preferred designer and manufacturer of engineered steel structures for commercial, industrial, and military applications.
- A New York-based private equity firm called Wellspring Capital Management Group LLC (“Wellspring”) acquired Steele Solutions, Inc. in June 2020, a superb supplier in the industrial automation sector.
- Steele Solutions emerged as the first business to revive production jobs back to South Milwaukee’s former Bucyrus-Erie campus in April 2020.
9. Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. –
The company has its headquarters in New Britain, Connecticut, US. It is a top manufacturer of industrial tools and household hardware and provider of security products.
- In April 2020, NADI™ emerged as a finalist in Fast Company’s 2020 World-Changing Ideas Awards in the Developing World Technology category. Nadi is an eco-friendly, low-cost solar-powered water pump that provides reliable irrigation for agricultural applications and is the first product marketed under the brand STANLEY EARTH™.
- Stanley Black & Decker strategically collaborated with DeepHow in July 2020 to deploy a state-of-the-art AI-powered technology called “Stephanie”. Stanley Black & Decker will utilize the innovative AI platform to improve knowledge capture, increase training efficiency, and grow the culture of safety at the company.
10. Panel Built Inc. –
Headquartered in Blairsville, Georgia, US. The company specializes in modular office buildings, industrial mezzanines, prefabricated buildings, guardhouses, and metal stair systems.
- Panel Built launched a new line of converted shipping containers in March 2021. The containers are designed to be the most durable containers on Earth, capable of withstanding long cargo trips over the ocean.
- Panel Built modular mezzanine systems offered convenient storage space for growing small businesses. A modular mezzanine system can be expanded, reconfigured, or uninstalled later. Panel Built, Inc. mezzanines are available with various colors, floor decking, barrier railing, and safety gates to provide a fully tailored, custom storage solution for any facility type.