The global ceramic market size is prognosticated to reach a value of USD 243.12 billion by 2026, says a report by Fortune Business Insights™ titled, “Ceramics Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Traditional, Advanced), By Application (Tiles, Sanitary Wares, Abrasives, Pottery, Bricks & Pipes, Others), By End-Use Industry (Building & Construction, Industrial, Medical, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026,” the market was USD 133.20 billion in 2018. The market is likely to witness 8.0% CAGR within the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. As per the current ceramic market trends, the tiles segment is holding a high ceramics market share with respect to the application. This dominance is likely to continue in the forecast years as well on account of their visually appealing features combined with the immensely strong property as compared to the common clay tiles.
Increasing Demand from Electrical Sector Promoting Market Growth
A major factor boosting the ceramics market growth is the rise in the consumption of electrical ceramics, further attributed to the low thermal conductivity and insulating properties of ceramic substances. Besides this, ceramics are used for making casts and splints for treating fracture issues and as dental porcelain by dentists, and surgical bone implants, tooth replacement, and others. Thus, their demand from the medical industry is also expected to help increase the overall ceramics market size in the forthcoming years.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Detailed Segmentation of Ceramic Market
- Type – With respect to type, the market is classified into traditional and advanced. Among these, the traditional ceramic segment is holding a dominant ceramic market share. This is owing to the vast applications in the manufacturing of tiles and refractories. Traditional ceramics are utilized for manufacturing household commodities and this will further help to generate high ceramics market shares in the near future.
- Application – On the basis of application, the market is grouped into tiles, sanitary ware, abrasives, pottery, bricks and pipes, and others. Among these, the sanitary ware segment earned 7.5% of the ceramic market share in 2018. However, the tiles segment is leading the market on account of their high preference over infrastructural development, further attributed to their strength and attractive visual appearance.
- End Use – Based on segmentation by end use industry, the market is segregated into medical, building and construction, industrial, and others. Among these, the building and construction industry is holding a significant ceramics market share. This is on account of the high use of ceramic for making substances such as tiles, bricks, sanitary ware, and others.
- Region –Geographically, the ceramic market is extended into Latin America, Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and the Middle East and Africa respectively. Among these, a prominent ceramics market share will be contributed by Asia Pacific on account of the rise in infrastructural development especially in the developing nations such as China and India. On the other side, the booming electronics industry is expected to help Europe register remarkable growth rates.
Key Strategies Adopted by Vendors - Expansion of Geographical Reach
Major strategies adopted by players is the extension of geographical reach and launch of new electronic products for the electronics industry in order to gain competitive edge in the market.
List of the significant ceramic market manufacturers are as follows;
- Kyocera Corp.
- Corning Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Saint Gobain
- Applied Ceramics Inc.
- Blasch Precision Ceramics Inc
- Materion Corporation
- McDanel Advanced Ceramic Technologies
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- Rauschert GmbH
- Imerys Ceramics
- Other Key Players
Recent key industry developments in the ceramic market include:
- May 2019 – Ise Murata Manufacturing Co., celebrated the accomplishment of their second production building in the Tsu City of Mie Prefecture, situated in Japan. As per the company, this completion will further establish the framework for greater production proficiency and enhance the product development potentials in the future.
The global ceramic market is segmented in the following manner:
Value (USD Billion)
- Sanitary Wares
- Bricks & Pipes
By End-Use Industry
- Building & Construction
- North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and the Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, and the Rest of Asia Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, and the Rest of South America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Iran, and the Rest of the Middle East & Africa)