The global controlled-release fertilizer market size will reach USD 3.86 Billion by 2026, on account of the increasing demand for highly-efficient fertilizers. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights™ titled, “Controlled-release Fertilizers Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Slow-release, Coated & Encapsulated, and Nitrogen Stabilizers), Application (Cereals, Oilseeds & Pulses, Fruits & Vegetables, & Others), and Regional Forecasts, 2019 - 2026,” the market value was USD 2.37 Billion in 2018. Furthermore, the market is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 6.37 % during the forecast period, 2019 – 2026.
Government-supported Educative Programs for Educating Farmers to Augment Market Growth
The increasing population in emerging nations and the rising concern about food security is a major factor boosting the CRF fertilizer market growth. Additionally, the increasing awareness about controlled-release fertilizers and its uses will help agriculturists and farmers opt for these fertilizers and thus, is anticipated to help increase the overall CRF fertilizer market size in the forecast duration. Furthermore, the rise in prevalence of crop diseses is likely to augment the controlled-released fertilizers market growth in the foreseeable future.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Detailed Segmentation of Controlled-release Fertilizers Market
- Type- On the basis of type, the market is categorized into N-stabilizers, coated & encapsulated, and slow-release. Among these, the coated and encapsulated fertilizer segment emerged dominant on account of their broad availability and wide adoption throughout developing and developed nations. Utilizing a variety of synthetic and organic polymer coating for encapsulated fertilizers is a significant method of promoting the healthy growth of the plant and boosting the nutrient uptake in them. Moreover, the increasing research activities on the production of cost-efficient and biodegradable coating polymers for fertilizers are likely to help attract high delayed-release fertilizers market revenue in the forecast period.
- Application – Based on application, the market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, oilseeds & pulses, cereals, and others. The others segment includes plantation crops, ornamentals, and turf. As per CRF fertilizer market analysis, the others segment is likely to emerge as the leading segment since these fertilizers release nutrients to the plant within a time span of 3 to 24 months, thus graduating towards a slow growth process. On the other side, the fruits and vegetable segment is likely to witness the fastest growth on account of the rise in concern over food security and increasing demand for smart and efficient fertilizers.
- Region – In terms of geographical segmentation, the global controlled-release fertilizer market is widespread into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East and Africa. Each of these regions is further sub-classified into nations. Among these, North America held the largest CRF fertilizer market share owing to the high use of these fertilizers from the horticultural sector in nations such as Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. On the other side, Asia Pacific is likely to emerge as the fastest-growing region with a CAGR of 7.1% between 2019 and 2026. This is attributable to the rise in population in Asian nations especially India and China, ultimately adding a boost to the demand for food in the region.
Players Adopting Mergers and Acquisition Strategies for Earning High Revenues
Slow acting fertilizers market manufacturers are setting new standards for developing cost-effective and innovative specialized fertilizers. Additionally, agricultural giants are encouraged to increase their product launches and expand their product portfolio across all geographies. Besides this, key agricultural vendors in Japan, China, and the U.S. are entering the CRF fertilizer market looking at the foreseeable growth potentials of the market. Furthermore, players operating in the specialty fertilizer sector such as Haifa Chemicals, Agrium, and Kingenta, are entering into strategic collaborations and adopting merger and acquisition strategies to make their mark in the global competition.
Some of the key slow-acting fertilizers market manufacturers are as follows:
- Koch Industries
- Kingenta Ecological Engineering Co. Ltd.
- JNC Corporation
- Helena Chemical
- Pursell Agri-Tech
- Yara International
- Haifa Chemicals
Recent key industry developments of controlled-release fertilizers market include:
- December 2017 – Kingenta and COMPO GmbH entered into a collaboration for research and development of EEF or efficiency enhanced fertilizer technology.
- June 2018 – Pursell Agri-Tech and their industrial partner Stamicarbon B.V. declared the inauguration of a novel fertilizer coating facility located in Alabama. Pursell Agri Tech plans to produce next-generation delayed release fertilizers collaboratively.
The global CRF fertilizers market is categorized in the following manner:
Value (USD Billion)
- Coated & Encapsulated
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits & Vegetables
- North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and the Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, and the Rest of Asia Pacific)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, and the Rest of South America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, UAE, and the Rest of the MEA)