The global crawler dozers market size is projected to reach USD 10.04 billion by 2026 as a result of heightened pace of infrastructure development in developing countries. Fortune Business Insights, in its recent report, titled “Crawler Dozers Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Horsepower (Less than 300 HP, 300 - 600 HP & More than 600 HP), By Application (Construction, Mining, Agriculture & Others), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026”, pegs the value of the market at USD 6.19 billion in 2018. According to the report, the market will exhibit a CAGR of 6.3% from 2019 to 2026.
Technological Advancements in Construction Equipment to Enhance Market Potential
Crawler dozers play a crucial role in the movement and transportation of heavy materials such as sand, rocks, and bricks. Advancements in technology and its integration with these machines has not only improved their productivity, but it has also brought down operating costs. For example, joysticks aid in regulating fuel consumption of these machines, especially when they need to move from one place to another. In a similar fashion, emergence of smart technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) has increased labor productivity, making it one of the leading crawler dozers market trends during the forecast period.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
- By Horsepower: Based on horsepower, the market is divided into less than 300 HP, 300 - 600 HP, and more than 600 HP. Here, the 300-600 HP segment is set to lead as it includes machines that are widely employed for a variety of applications and offer a higher degree of control. The less than 300 HP segment is also touted to grow steadily since these machine types are capable of smoothly sorting of dense materials. The 600 HP segment is also expected to rise, but at a slower pace.
- By Application: On the basis of application, the market is segmented into construction, mining, agriculture and others which includes transportation. Here, the construction segment is slated to lead with a share of 33.8% in the market. This will be mainly on account of the high applicability of crawler dozers in construction work such as lifting and moving of heavy construction material. Rising farming activities will boost the prospects of the agriculture segment, while expanding mining industry will drive the mining segment. The others segment, mainly transportation, is also expected register healthy growth during the forecast period.
- By Region: Geographically, the market is segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America. Here, Europe is poised to dominate the crawler dozers market share, having generated USD 1.63 billion in revenue in 2018. The main factors propelling the market in this region include high adoption rate of modern equipment and increasing rate of construction activities in Western European countries. The other regions are also anticipated to present lucrative growth opportunities during the stipulated period.
Rising Focus on Developing Nations by Key Players to Intensify Competition
The crawler dozers market forecast predicts that this market is set to go through a period of intense competition owing to the increasing attention being paid by players towards developing nations. They aim to establish their presence in these economies through setting up of plants, launching of new products, and forging partnerships with local players. Some of the prominent players in this market are:
- Komatsu Ltd
- Deere & Company
- CNH Industrial N.V
- Liebherr-International Deutschland GmbH
- Shantui Construction Machinery Co., Ltd
- LiuGong Dressta Machinery
Key Industry Developments:
- July 2019: Deere & Company introduced its advanced 850L crawler dozer, an upgradation to the company’s K-series product line. The new dozer can provide 10% more power than its K-series predecessor.
- February 2019: Caterpillar unveiled its D5 medium size crawler dozer, which has an installed 7.1liter engine and can produce power up to 170 HP.
The global crawler dozers market is segmented as follows:
Value (USD billion)
- Less than 300 HP
- 300 - 600 HP
- More than 600 HP
- Others (Transportation)
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)