The global data centers market is projected to reach USD 11.97 billion by 2026. The increasing industrialization across the world will create several growth opportunities for companies operating in this market. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, titled “Data Center Cooling Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Product (Air Conditioners, Precision Air Conditioners, Chillers, Air Handling Unit, and Others), By Data Center Type (Large Scale DC, Medium Scale DC, and Small Scale DC), By Cooling Technique (Room-based Cooling, Rack-based Cooling, and Row-based Cooling), By Industry (BFSI, IT and Telecommunication, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, and Others) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026,” the market size was USD 6.27 billion in 2018 and will exhibit a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period, 2019-2026.
Data centers are physical blocks that are used for several purpose including storage networks, backup utilities, and networking. The increasing need for physical storage systems has created a subsequent demand for data center cooling units across the world. Properties of these systems such as easy access, fast transfer and sharing, and security have led to a wider product adoption. The increasing industrialization, coupled with the increasing IT companies will create a huge platform for the growth of the companies operating in data center cooling market. Data center cooling is used to measure, monitor, and control data resources. It also keeps an eye on the energy consumption and notifies the users in case of temperature increases. It helps to keep the temperature in control and ensure there are no excess loads on the storage unit.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Key Segments in the Data Centers Cooling Market:
- By Product: On the basis of product, the market is segmented into air conditioners, precision air conditioners, chillers, and air handling unit. Among these, the precision air conditioners segment is projected to have a large market share in the coming years. As air conditioners are cheaper than its counterparts, they are usually preferred in small spaces. Precision air conditioners can control heavy loads and manage high heat dissipation. A precision AC unit has the ability to communicate amongst each other and regulate the cooling process within them. Besides air conditioners, the chillers segment will also witness considerable growth, driven by the variations in product offerings. The air conditioners segment accounted for 25.4% of the overall market share in 2018 and this value is projected to increase further in the coming years.
- By Data Center Analysis: Based on data center, the market is segmented into large scale data centers, medium-scale data centers, and small scale data centers. Among these, the large scale segment is likely to witness massive growth in the coming years, due to the growing adoption of cloud-based services. The increasing demand for seamless server integration services will emerge in favor of large scale data centers. Besides data centers, the mid-sized or medium scale segment will also exhibit considerable growth rate in the forthcoming years.
- By Cooling Technique: On the basis of cooling technique, the market is segmented into room-based, rack-based, and row-based cooling. The rack-based cooling segment is projected to witness considerable growth in the coming years, owing to exceptional properties. The demand for rack-based cooling processes has increased dramatically in recent years, accounting to the benefits they provide, especially the defined airflow paths.
- By Industry: On the basis of industry, the market is segmented into BFSI, IT and telecommunication, manufacturing, retail, and healthcare. Among these, the IT and telecom industry has witnessed considerably high growth over other industries, owing to the massive potential held by this sector. The increasing number of hosting companies as well as Web 2.0 companies has opened up a huge potential for the growth of this segment. The growing awareness regarding energy consumption will also contribute to the growth of this segment.
- By Region: The report analyzes the ongoing data center cooling market trends across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Among these regions, the market in North America is likely to emerge dominant. The increasing investment in data centre systems mostly by companies based in the U.S. will aid the growth of the regional market. Besides North America, the market in Asia Pacific will witness considerable growth in the coming years, owing to the presence of several large scale companies across this region.
Accounting to the Huge Market Potential, Several Data Center Cooling Companies Are Looking to Extend Individual Product Portfolios
Companies such as Schneider and Emerson are focused on introducing advanced technologies and newer concepts in their products. The use of automated concepts has opened up a huge potential for market growth. A few of the other companies that are currently operating in the market include:
- ABB Ltd.
- Airedale Air Conditioning
- Asetek, Inc.
- Black Box Corporation
- Cormant, Inc.
- Device42, Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- FNT GmbH
- Nortek Air Solutions, LLC
- Optimum path Inc.
- Schneider Electric
- Sunbird Software, Inc.
- Vertiv Group Corp.
Key Industry Developments:
- August 2019 - Schneider Electric announced the integration of enhanced and digitized versions of critical facility operations. These solutions are specifically designed for service providers and large data center operators.
The global data centers cooling market is segmented on the basis of:
2015 - 2026
2019 - 2026
2015 - 2017
Value (USD billion)
- Air Conditioners
- Precision Air Conditioners
- Air Handling Unit
- Others (Air Economizers, Heat Rejection and Others)
By Data Center Type
- Large Scale DC
- Medium Scale DC
- Small Scale DC
By Cooling Technique
- Room-based Cooling
- Rack-based Cooling
- Row-based Cooling
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- IT and Telecom
- Others (Government & Defense, Energy and Others)
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Scandinavia, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)