The global gantry industrial robots market size is projected to reach USD 4.64 billion by 2026. One of the key drivers enabling the growth of the market is the growing use of robots across various industries. For instance, the first industrial robot “Unimate” manufactured by Unimation was operated by General Motors on its assembly line. The introduction of robots in the industries have eased the process and also increased the output, states Fortune Business Insights in a report, titled “Gantry Industrial Robots Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (1-Axis, 2-Axis, 3-Axis, 4-Axis, & Others), By Application (Handling, Palletizing, Welding & Others), By Industry (Packaging, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverage, Semiconductors & Electronics, Heavy Engineering Machinery, Aerospace & Railway, & Others), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026” the market size stood at USD 2.34 billion in 2018 and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 8.9% between 2019 to 2026.
The increasing popularity of robots in industries due to their advantages such as high speed, variety in stroke length, precision and variable size of operation will fuel demand for gantry industrial robots in the foreseeable future. The cartesian gantry system works on cartesian coordinate systems that are (X, Y, Z) which means that these robots move in a straight line on the 3 axis (side to side, in and out & up and down). In addition, the increasing acquisitions and mergers between key players is expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Key Segments in the Global Gantry Industrial Robots
- Type: Under the segment, the market is segmented into 1 - axis, 2 -axis, 3 - axis, 4 -axis and others (6 -axis). The 4-axis linear industrial robots are expected to have a major share in the market due to its wide usage in various industries from manufacturing to material handling. The 3 - axis segment is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period owing to its numerous applications. The 4 - axis robots are projected to have a lion’s share in the foreseeable future due to increasing demand from industries such as automotive, packaging, aerospace & railway and others. The 1 – axis and 2 –axis segments are predicted to experience steady growth during the forecast period owing to their limited application. The 2-axis linear robots are expected to account for a significant share in the market owing to its wide acceptance in welding, semiconductor & electronics along with the plastic industry. In addition, these types of robots are expected to have a major impact in the small and medium industries as they perform limited tasks but with more precision and control, aiding the industries to increase their overall efficiency. The 6 -axis trend is likely to witness considerable growth during the forecast period owing to their application such as palletizing, handling of materials and others.
- Application: Under the segment, the market is segmented into handling, palletizing, welding and others. The palletizing segment held the highest market share of 37.1% and also is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period owing to its extensive use in packaging pharmaceuticals, automotive and plastic industry. Handling segment is likely to witness significant growth in the forthcoming year owing to its demand in the large, medium and small industries. The handling includes tasks such as pick and place, transportation of products from one place to another. The welding and others (dispensing) is projected to experience considerable growth during the forecast period due to their predefined set of applications. Moreover, the surge in the welding industry will enable the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
- Industry: Under the segment, the market is segmented into packaging, automotive, pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, semiconductors & electronics, heavy engineering machinery, aerospace & railway and others (plastic industry, etc.). Automotive industry to witness high growth owing to increasing demand for Gantry robots. The robust growth in the automotive industry owing to increasing demand for passenger cars will subsequently create new opportunities for the Gantry robots market in the automotive industry.
- Region: Asia Pacific generated a revenue of USD 1.11 billion in 2018. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate gantry industrial robots market trends during the forecast period due to the world´s largest robot industry in China. North America is projected to show considerable growth owing to ongoing inclination towards automated production. This will strengthen the U.S. industries in both domestic and global markets. In addition, Europe as a whole is predominantly far advanced regarding automation.
Some of the Prominent Companies Present in the Global Gantry Industrial Robots Market are:
- Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
- TOSHIBA MACHINE CO., Ltd.
- ABB Ltd.
- Kuka AG
- FANUC CORPORATION
- PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
- Sage Automation Inc.
- Bosch Rexroth AG
- Gudel Group AG
- Liebherr's launched LP 200 gantry robot. This robot is mostly appropriate for handling smaller and agiler components
The Global Gantry Industrial Robots Market is segmented into:
Value (USD billion)
- Others (6 Axis)
- Others (Dispensing)
- Food & Beverage
- Semiconductors & Electronics
- Heavy Engineering Machinery
- Aerospace & Railway
- Others (Plastic Industry, etc.)
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America)