"We Envision Growth Strategies Most Suited
to Your Business"
The global linerless labels market size is projected to reach USD 3.41 billion by 2027. It is set to gain impetus from the investments by industry giants in the development of linerless labels containing specialized release coatings and adhesives. Fortune Business Insights™ presented this information in a recent study, titled, “Linerless Labels Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Adhesion Type (Permanent, Removable, Repositionable, and Others), By Printing Technology (Direct Thermal, Thermal Transfer, Laser, Inkjet, and Others), By Application (Food & Beverage, Pharmaceuticals & Personal Care, Retail, Logistics and Others), By Component (Facestock, Adhesive, and Release Coating) and Regional Forecast, 2020-2027,” The study further mentions that the market stood at USD 2.33 billion in 2019. However, it is set to exhibit a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period between 2020 to 2027.
Coveris Acquires Amberley to Broaden its Labels & Board Business
In January 2020, Coveris, an industrial company headquartered in Chicago, successfully acquired Amberley Adhesive Labels Ltd. The latter is a manufacturer of high quality self-adhesive labels based in the U.K. It would aid Coveris in strengthening its Labels and Board business. The company is looking forward to develop the potential of its new facility, as well as expand its labels capabilities. It mainly focuses on serving the ambient, chilled, and fresh markets, whereas Amberley is dedicated to home and personal care markets.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Rising Demand from E-commerce Companies to Augment Growth
In the developing countries, such as India and China, the popularity and usage of e-commerce are growing rapidly. Therefore, it is essential to track the large traffic of goods. So, the packages are usually marked with various labels printed with descriptions and codes of the consignee and consignor. Researchers anticipated that approximately 200 billion parcels will be transferred through e-commerce companies per annum, by the end of 2025. It would further result in the higher demand for linerless labels. In addition to this, such backingless labels are mainly preferred by e-commerce companies as the conventional ones create a vast amount of waste. However, these linerless labels are in rolled forms. Hence, it is difficult to apply layers of adhesive over them. It may hamper the linerless labels market growth.
Key Players Aim to Gain Competitive Edge through Capacity Expansion
The market houses numerous companies that are currently focusing on adopting strategies, such as acquisition of start-ups or local players, as well as expansion of their production capacities to gain a competitive edge in the market. They are also persistently striving to enhance their product portfolio and other associated services. It is likely to affect their sales positively in the near future.
Fortune Business Insights™ provides a list of all the organizations present in the backingless labels market. They are as follows:
A Noteworthy Industry Development-
· August 2019: Lexit Group, a supplier of high performance data collection and product labelling hardware based in Norway, declared the addition of a new coating machine called Coater Com500F. It would help the company in achieving its own linerless label production. It would also gain a unique position in the market in Scandinavia. As per the officials, Lexit will now be able to take full responsibility of producing labels. The machine was delivered by Ravenwood.
Further Report Findings-
· Asia Pacific procured USD 892.5 million in 2019 in terms of revenue owing to the expansion of e-commerce in this region.
· North America is set to grow significantly backed by the higher demand for personal care and retail goods that is occurring because of the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic.
· Based on application, the retail segment held 16.9% linerfree labels market share in 2019.
The global market is segmented in the following way:
Value (USD Million)
By Adhesion Type
By Printing Technologies
· Direct Thermal
· Thermal Transfer
· Food & Beverage
· Pharmaceutical & Personal Care
· Release Coating
· North America (U.S., and Canada)
· Europe (Germany, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Benelux, and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of South America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC, Northern Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)