"Smart Strategies, Giving Speed to your Growth Trajectory"
According to AIIM (Association for Intelligent Information Management), the global digital signature industry was valued at US$ 826.7 Mn during 2017-18. Technically, Digital certificates are an attachment to an electronic message that is used for sharing public keys to be used for encryption and authentication. It includes the public key, identified information of the entity that owns the public key, metadata related to the digital certification, and a digital signature of the public key created by the issuer. This market is meant to replace paper-based certificates, improving safety & security, increasing the efficiency and lowering the costs.
Adoption of blockchain technology and cloud-based software and growing market of biometrics, are some of the key drivers responsible for the growth in the global digital certificates market. Further, integration of IoT technology and machine-learning in digital certificates and rising usage of digital documents such as e-mails, PDFs and word documents is expected to bring new opportunities in the market as many large scale enterprises are looking to automate the process of digital signing and timestamping. Also, digital certificates market is primarily driven by the blockchain technology that offers authentication and encryption services to help users and companies to send business documents and legal contracts at less risk.
To get information on various segments, share your queries with us
Some of the leading players in digital certificates market are GMO GlobalSign Inc., GoDaddy Group, Cognate, Inc., Verisign Inc., Gemalto N.V., Comodo Group Inc., Signix Inc., Ascertia, Secured Signing Ltd., Docusign Inc., Identrust Inc., Kofax Ltd., and Entrust Datacard Corp.
Segmentation of the Global Digital Certificates Market
By Industry Vertical
· Education and Research
· Healthcare and Life Sciences
· Human Resources
· Government and Defence
· North America (the USA and Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
North America is projected to hold the largest share in terms of market value in the digital certificate market over the forecasted period 2018-2025. This growth is due to the presence of renowned market players, such as IdenTrust, GoDaddy Group, and Section among others, driven by the government strict data security regulations. Further, Europe is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period, due to the growing number of digital certificate authorities. For instance, in 2017, the European government created an EU certification framework for ICT security digital certification that includes various arrangements as a comprehensive set of rules, technical requirements, standards, and procedures.
Key Industry Developments
· In Jan, 2019, partnership between Ascertia and Entrust Datacard Corporation with an aim to introduce document signing certificates enabled with OCSP, SCVP and TSA Servers which would offer services such as digital signing, OCSP validation, SCVP validation and timestamping to improve security and efficiency.
· In 2018, GoDaddy acquired Cognate Inc. to introduce blockchain platform in digital certificates to make the transfer with effective authentication, data security, control and integrity.