The global dental market size stood at USD 36.08 billion in 2022. The market value is slated to rise from USD 38.21 billion in 2023 to USD 65.23 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2023-2030. The rise is on account of the rising usage of various products such as prosthetics, endodontics, periodontics, implants, and whitening products. An additional factor favoring industry growth comprises the increasing prevalence of tooth decay across various regions. Fortune Business Insights™ presents this information in its report titled “Dental Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Dental Consumables and Dental Equipment), By End-user (Solo Practices, DSO/ Group Practices, and Others), and Regional Forecast, 2023-2030”.
Market Growth Suffered during COVID-19 due to Lower Patient Volume in Clinics
The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a decline in the revenues of various companies. This was due to disruptions in supply chain, declining patient visits to clinics, and the reallocation of healthcare resources. During the third and fourth quarter of 2020, there was an increase in patient volumes considering the relaxation in government restrictions. However, in some regions of the world, dental product sales decreased in 2022. However, from 2023 onward, the market is anticipated to expand at a constant rate impelled by rising product launches and treatment resumption in clinics.
Zimmer Biomet Announces Completion of ZimVie’s Spinoff to Strengthen Market Position
In March 2022, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. completed its spinoff of Zimmer Biomet’s former Dental and Spine business ZimVie. The move marked a key milestone in the company’s active portfolio management as it continued to strengthen its position in the medtech space.
Zimmer Biomet is a medtech leader with an inclusive portfolio designed for the improvement of health and mobility maximization. The company is known for the seamless transformation of patient experience through its offerings.
Surging Incidence of Dental Disorders to Propel Industry Growth
One of the leading factors propelling dental market growth is the surging prevalence of tooth disorders and the growing demand for an extensive array of intraoral scanners, prosthetics, and implants. The market expansion is further driven by the increasing launch of products and an escalating patient population.
However, the industry expansion may be hampered by the high treatment costs.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Major Companies Enter Collaborations to Expand Product Reach
Leading industry participants are centered on the adoption of a series of initiatives for strengthening the positions of their businesses. These included acquisitions, collaborations, and partnership agreements for the expansion of product reach. Besides, many companies are participating in trade conferences for exhibiting their products.
List of Key Players Profiled in the Market Report:
- 3M (U.S.)
- Institut Straumann AG (Switzerland)
- Henry Schein, Inc. (U.S.)
- Angelalign Technology Inc. (China)
- SHOFU INC. (Japan)
- Dentsply Sirona (U.S.)
- Align Technology, Inc. (U.S.)
- ZImvie (Zimmer Biomet) (U.S.)
- Coltene (Switzerland)
- A.B. Dental (Israel)
- BIOLASE, Inc. (U.S.)
- 3Shape A/S (Denmark)
- ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION (U.S.)
- VATECH (South Korea)
Key Industry Development
- December 2021 – 3Shape A/S inked a collaborative agreement with Dentsply Sirona. The partnership was focused on facilitating users to connect to the Dentsply Sirona Connect Case Center. This would help them in receiving intraoral scans from their Omnicam and Primescan intraoral scanners.
Further Report Findings
- North America dental market share is expected to exhibit considerable expansion, dominating the market over the projected period. The growth is due to an escalation in the rollout of new solutions.
- The Asia Pacific market is set to grow at the fastest CAGR throughout the forecast period. The rise is on account of the surging public awareness associated with oral health.
- Based on type, the market is bifurcated into consumables and equipment. The consumables segment is anticipated to expand at an appreciable pace over the study period. The surge is impelled by the increasing prevalence of malocclusion and the growing demand for invisible orthodontics.
Table of Segmentation
CAGR of 7.9% from 2023-2030
Value (USD Billion)
By Type, End-user, and Region