The global automated material handling (AMH) equipment market size is projected to reach USD 58.42 billion by 2026. The use of automated concepts such as artificial intelligence has opened up a huge potential for market growth. According to a report published by Fortune Business Insights, titled “Automated Material Handling (AMH) Equipment Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis, By Type (Automated Storage & Retrieval System, Automated Conveyor & Sorting System, Automated Guided Vehicle), By System Load (Unit Load & Bulk Load), By Application (Assembly, Distribution, Transportation, Packaging, Others), By Industry (Retail & E-commerce, Automotive, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Aviation, Semiconductors & Electronics, Others) and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026,” the market was worth USD 33.65 billion in 2018 and will exhibit a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period, 2019-2026.
Automated material handling equipment is a system that involves individual or set of robotic machine that are used to perform, examine, and monitor several tasks that are associated with manual labor. The tasks performed by these equipment can include lifting heavy loads, performing repetitive functions, pushing and pulling, organizing, and retrieving goods and products. The increasing industrialization, combined with the increasing number of manufacturing setups will have a direct impact on the growth of the market in the coming years. These equipment are faster and more agile and possess several benefits over manual labor. The use of advanced concepts such as machine learning, data algorithms, and automated technologies such as the internet of things (IoT) and artificial intelligence will favor market growth.
To get a detailed report summary and research scope of this market, click here:
Key Segments in the Automated Material Handling (AMH) Equipment Market:
- By Type: Based on type, the market is further segmented into automated storage & retrieval system, automated conveyor & sorting system, and automated guided vehicle. Among these, the automated guided vehicle is projected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the coming years. The use of concepts such as artificial intelligence and the internet of things have not just yielded better products but helped bring about improvements in existing products. Besides this segment, the automated storage and retrieval segment will witness considerable growth in the forthcoming years. The automated conveyor and sorting system segment accounted for 43.1% of the global market share in 2018 and this value is projected to increase further in the coming years.
- By System Load Analysis: On the basis of system load analysis, the market is segmented into unit load and bulk load. Among these, the unit load segment is projected to witness the highest CAGR in the coming years. ‘The rapidly rising e-commerce industry will provide a platform for rapid adoption of unit load system across the world,’ said a lead analyst at Fortune Business Insights. Moreover, the demand for shorter order lead times will emerge in favor of these products.
- By Application: On the basis of application, the market is segmented into assembly, distribution, transportation, and packaging. Among these, the automated material handling equipment finds most applications among the packaging industry. The need for managing heavy industrial loads, coupled with the advancements in these products, will aid the growth of this segment. The distribution and transportation segments will witness considerable growth rate in the coming years, driven by the need for delivering consumer goods in shorter periods.
- By Industry: On the basis of industry, the market is segmented into retail & e-commerce, automotive, food & beverages, pharmaceutical, aviation, and semiconductors & electronics. Among these, the e-commerce segment will emerge dominant in the coming years. The use of automated concepts in warehouses and delivery of goods will create several opportunities for market growth. The presence of several online commerce giants such as Amazon and Flipkart are pivoting the rapid use of automated material handling equipment.
- By Region: The report highlights the ongoing automated material handling equipment market trends across five major regions, including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa. Among these regions, the market in Asia Pacific currently stands as the leading market. The massive population in several countries across this region provides a huge potential for market growth. The growing demand for faster e-commerce deliverables will aid the growth of this segment. As of 2018, this market was worth USD 14.62 billion and this value will rise at a considerable pace in the coming years.
Major Companies Are Focusing on Logistics Operations
The global market derives growth from the presence of several leading companies that are spread across the world. The use of automated concepts has attracted several entrants. A few of the leading companies that have been profiled in this report include:
- Daifuku Co.,Ltd
- Jungheinrich AG
- Toyota Industries Corporation
- BEUMER Group
- Kion Group
- Crown Equipment Corporation
- Honeywell Intelligrated
- SSI Schaefer AG
- Hytrol Conveyor Company, Inc.
- February, 2019: The County library in the U.S. adopted a centralized automated material handling system. The organization hopes to reduce complexity involved with manual labor and improve user experience.
The global automated material handling (AMH) equipment market is segmented based on:
Value (USD billion)
- Automated Storage & Retrieval System
- Automated Conveyor & Sorting System
- Automated Guided Vehicle
By System Load
- Others (Sorting)
- Retail & E-Commerce
- Food & Beverages
- Semiconductors & Electronics
- Others (Chemicals)
- North America (the U.S. and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, and the Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and the Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of Latin America)