"Smart Strategies, Giving Speed to your Growth Trajectory"
Region : Global | Published Date: Upcoming | Report ID: FBI100142| Status : Upcoming
According to an annual report of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., approximately 4 Bn Bluetooth® devices are manufactured in 2018 alone, positioning Bluetooth technology as a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT). Beacons are small, wireless transmitters that use low-energy Bluetooth technology or Wi-Fi to transmit signals to other nearby smart devices. Beacon is generally used for mapping and location services using the RSSI (received signal strength indicator) estimate. Technically, beacons transmit numerous types of signals such as radio, ultrasonic, optical, laser, etc. that search and identify the location of a device to perform a task. These devices also transmit few constantly varying parameters such as power supply information, relative address, location, timestamp, signal strength, available bandwidth resources, temperature, and pressure. Recent development in global beacons market includes the adoption of Bluetooth smart technology such as Loop Technology and Over the Air (OTA) based on AI platform in beacons.
The rapid adoption of artificial intelligence technology, IoT and cloud-based solutions, along with ongoing development in the wireless equipment market is favoring market growth. Further, rising market penetration of IP68 and IP69 rating based electronic sensors and technological innovations in the field of bioelectronics, nanotechnology, and microfabrication are expected to drive the global beacon market during the forecasted period.
Some of the major players in beacon market include Advanced system, SLU., Apple Inc., BlueCats, Blue Sense Networks, Estimote, Inc., Gelo, Glimworm Beacons, Gimbal, Kontakt.io, and Beacon inside GmbH among others.
Segmentation of the Global Beacon Market
· BLE (low-energy Bluetooth)
By Industry Vertical
· IT and Communication
· Power and Energy
· Travel, Tourism & Hospitality
· North America (the USA and Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
North America is expected to hold a strong position in the global beacon market, capturing maximum market share in the market. During 2017-18, Aruba Networks Inc. launched its beacon technology in the Americas Mart in Georgia and Atlanta which are the major wholesale trade centers in the U.S. The company aimed at providing beacon navigation facilities such as NFC and Wi-Fi technology for the target locations.
Key Industry Developments
· In Oct, 2018, BlueCats launched new sets of beacons equipped with Over the Air (OTA) technology that provide AES Encryption module. These advance devices are enabled with PLUS Location Engine that helps to forward data to the cloud and run the platform automatically.