"Smart Strategies, Giving Speed to your Growth Trajectory"
According to Technology magazine org, hand gesture and fingerprint authentication market has estimated to valued at over US$ 1,400 Mn in 2018. Further, increasing applications in the fields of industrial automation, smart homes automations, and self-driven automobiles are expected to drive the growth of the global gesture recognition market in the forecast period. Gesture Recognition device is used for identifying the physical movements, motion, or “gestures,” of humans.
These gestures include waving certain body parts such as hands, feet, head, and others in a particular pattern in front of the device and helps to launch and operate specific application without physically touching them. Technically, gesture recognition is a combination of computer analytics and language technology aiming to identify human gestures via scientific and mathematical algorithms. Gestures help to control mixed reality environments, complex robotic systems, smart home appliances, and medical equipment in operating rooms.
To get information on various segments, share your queries with us
AI is an essential factor to drive the growth of the gesture recognition market. According to a report published by the IDC, investment in AI technology is projected to exceed US$ 125 Bn by 2024. For instance, in 2018, Microsoft Corporation introduced GesturePod, a programme equipped with AI features for AR (Augmented reality) assistive devices. This programme helps to manage a smartphone without touching or removing the phone from a pocket or bag. GesturePod achieves more than 92% gesture recognition accuracy and could significantly reduce the time taken for smartphone tasks.
Some of the major players in gesture recognition market include Elliptic Laboratories A/S, Eyesight Technologies Ltd, Fibaro Group SA, GestureTek Inc., Intel Corporation, Jabil Inc., Leap Motion Incorporation, Microchip Technology Incorporated, Apple Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Pyreos Limited, Sony Corporation, and Thalmic Labs Inc., among others.
· Multi-Touch System
· Motion Gesture
· Capacitive/Electric Field
· Infrared Array
· Ultrasonic Technology
· 2D Camera-Based Technology
· 3D Vision Technologies
By Industry Vertical
· Food and Beverages
· Energy and Utilities
· North America (the USA and Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
North America is expected to lead the gesture recognition market due to the presence of primary vital players such as Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Microchip Corporation, Apple Incorporation, which are continuously innovating the technology of gesture recognition. For instance, in 2018, Apple Inc., provided 3D camera enabled with HMI (Human-machine Interaction) in smartphones for depth mapping that is used for advanced gesture control. The US is also receiving extensive investments for development of 3D gesture and touchless technology. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in the gesture recognition market during the forecast period. Countries like China, India, and Japan are focusing on the OEMs to implement the gesture recognition technology in their products such as smartphones, cameras, and laptops, which results in the growth of gesture recognition market.
KEY INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENTS
· In June, 2018, Leap motion corporation Motion Corporation introduced Orion SDK 2.4, a tool that helps the user to drive their AR/VR (Augmented/Virtual Reality) experience to the next level. Orion SDK is able to track fine gestures of whole body at high frame rate. It enables applications like drawing and operating small objects in virtual space. Major PC’s manufacturers partnered collaborated with Leap Motion Corporation to provide Orion SDK 2.4 tool as user NUI (Natural User Interface) in desktop applications.
· In Jan, 2019, ULTRAHAPTICS launched, STRATOS, an automotive gesture recognition platform. This platform has the ability to connect with HMI (human machine interface) directly, that generate haptic sensations in mid-air, for reducing easier integration and faster processing modules in automobiles.