"Actionable Insights to Fuel Your Growth"
Region : Global | Published Date: Upcoming | Report ID: FBI100145| Status : Upcoming
Natural Gas Generators are a trending option for a wide variety of backup power need. Stricter environmental policy & pollution due to diesel generator has made manufacturer adopt for cleaner & environmental friendly technology. The gas generator uses natural gas which includes propane or methane to generate electricity. The running cost of a generator is low as compared to a diesel generator because natural gas is cheaper than other fuel. Natural gas tends to burn cleaner than fossil fuels, reducing the greenhouse gas emission which causes global warming. As the world shifts away from oil-based fuels to a broader array of sustainable energy sources to reduce carbon footprints, more people and businesses are incorporating natural gas as clean fuel into their power need.
The natural gas generators are mainly categorized as continuous power generators and standby generators used in the industrial, commercial and residential sector. An uninterrupted and steady flow of power is needed for continuous production and standby generator majorly employed in the commercial and industrial sector for reliable power supply. Single-phase power widely used for domestic purpose while three-phase power is mostly used in industrial and commercial areas.
To get information on various segments, share your queries with us
Diesel generators are most widely used across various parts of the industry to generate electricity. Sulfur, Carbon dioxide & NOx emission rate is very high as compared to the natural gas generator. Natural gas tends to burn cleaner and does not produce pungent odor which is often in case of generators powered by oil or diesel. Apart from being cleaner and cheaper, natural gas is readily available in large cities which are directly delivered through pipelines.
Though the natural gas has several advantages over diesel generator, natural gas is extremely explosive & can be a serious fire hazard if pipeline bursts. Special care needs to be taken while handling natural gas generators due to a leakage problem. Natural calamity such as tsunamis, tornadoes, and earthquakes can hamper the supply of natural gas if it is supplied through the pipe.
The top companies in the natural gas generators are Cummins Inc., Caterpillar, GE Energy, Generac, Kohler, MTU Onsite Energy, Himoinsa, Doosan, Ettes Power, Dresser-Rand, Shandong Naipute Gas Power Co., Ltd, FG Wilson, etc.
Segmentation of the Natural Gas Generator Market
· Continuous Power Generator
· Standby Generator
· Single Phase
· Three Phase
By Power Range
· Up to 100kVA
· Above 750kVA
· North America (USA and Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
The natural gas generator market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing sector due to shifting demand from fossil fuel to natural gas. Most of the countries in this region growing rapidly due to industrialization. The growing number of small scale industry in this region is likely driving the market for a natural gas generator. Europe and North America aiming to reduce carbon emission and finding alternative ways to fossil fuel to generate electricity. A natural gas generator is proven to be the best solution for generating large scale electricity. The large proportion of electricity generated in the USA is by using natural gas. The MEA is also fighting with global climatic change & made it clear to use alternative to fossil fuel to reduce carbon emission. Due to this natural gas generator can make an impact on the market to fulfill electricity demand.
Key Industry Developments
· In March 2019, Cummins Inc. has launched HSK78G natural gas generator series during the 2019 Middle East Electricity at Dubai World Trade Centre. It is designed to provide reliable power, regardless of the natural gas source or the climate.
· In March 2019, According to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), total electricity production by natural gas in the USA accounts 35.1% which mainly aims to reduce carbon emission.
· In January 2019, Himoinsa has installed 18MW of continuous power with gas generators in the British West Midlands. Himoinsa and its local distributor Ocktcom Ltd., have designed a power plant composed of nine gas generator sets connected in parallel to the grid. These gensets supply the electrical grid with a total of 18MW of power at a constant load of 2500 hours per year.