"Actionable Insights to Fuel Your Growth"
Region : Global | Published Date: Upcoming | Report ID: FBI100155| Status : Upcoming
The global consumption of electricity has increased rapidly since the last couple of decades. Rising demand for electricity puts an increasing strain on the grid. Where the grid is unavailable or inaccessible portable generators can be a primary power source or emergency supply for residential, commercial and industrial applications. The generators work on the principle of Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction which states that whenever a conductor is placed in varying magnetic field Electromotive Force (EMF) is induced. A typical portable generator contains an internal combustion engine, alternators, starter, fuel tank, and outlets. These generators may run on gasoline, diesel, propane and, natural gas as their primary source of fuel. According to the purpose of the use of generator respective fuels can be used. The power outage due to weather conditions and demand for uninterrupted power supply in developed & developing nations has driven the market of a portable generator in a positive way. A prime rated power generator can supply power in a situation where there is no utility source as in case of industrial applications like mining and offshore activities which are located in remote areas where a grid is not accessible.
According to the application of portable generators market is segregated in the Residential, Commercial and Industrial sector. In many parts of the world where basic infrastructure for electricity is not available portable generator is a primary solution. Portable generators mostly used in the commercial & industrial area due to rapid growth in globalization. Developed & developing countries striving to achieve sustainable economic rate & it is only possible through an uninterrupted power supply.
To get information on various segments, share your queries with us
Rapid commercialization & industrial development need a reliable & uninterrupted power supply. Every nation in the world wants to stand in a row of developed countries. This can be achievable by only sustainable economic growth in GDP, infrastructure, and standard of living. To build a sufficiently strong infrastructure of a nation an uninterrupted power supply is needed. Portable generators help to carve the economic growth of a nation.
The world is facing serious problems of pollution and carbon footprint increased tremendously in the last decade. Due to this alarming situation many countries adopting stringent emission policies to curb pollution. European emission standards used in new non-road machinery have been structured more stringent standards. Portable generators technology need to be developed which stands compatible with an environment. Battery storage or Invertors are replacing generators in as they have the capacity to store a large amount of energy and quiet in operation.
Some of leading companies in portables generators are Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Cummins Inc., Atlas Copco, Caterpillar Inc., Kohler SDMO., Aggreko, FG Wilson, Generac Power Systems, Briggs and Stratton, Himoinsa S.L., Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd., Manlift Group, and Yamaha
Segmentation of the Global Portable Generator Market
By Fuel Type
· Diesel Generator
· Gasoline Generator
· Natural Gas Generator
· Others (Propane, LPG, Biodiesel)
· Continuous Power
By Power Rating
· Below 2 kW
· 2 kW to 5 kW
· 5 kW to 10 kW
· Above 10 kW
By End User
· North America (USA and Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Rest of Europe)
· Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
· Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
· Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
The global market for a portable generator is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. North America is most susceptible to natural calamities like the hurricanes which created havoc in this region. To rise from this disaster, the basic infrastructure needs to be developed which can be made possible by a portable generator. The MEA & APAC region engaged in most of the offshore activities carried out in the world. Also in these regions, there is a lack of proper electricity infrastructure which is straining available power grids. A portable generator can be the best solution to provide continuous power. The Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market in the forthcoming years due to the presence of the fastest growing economies such as India, China, Indonesia, etc. The current government initiative such as smart cities and building & construction market is on rising which are expected to raise demand for the portable generator.
Key Industry Developments
· In April 2018, China’s massive build program to create trade routes stretching from Asia to Africa and Europe is gaining momentum. The many projects on its various stages of developments like Myanmar’s Kyaukpyu Pipeline, Pakistan’s Gwadar Port, Asia Pacific Rail Links, and Pakistan’s Thar Coal gaining momentum. The largest infrastructure project is in pipeline costing billions of US$. A Reliable source of energy is required for completion of these projects which can be based on a generator.
· In Mar 2019, Himoinsa in collaboration with local distributor Chengdu Transcend Power has installed 31 diesel-powered generators at the different point of Xiaomo Highway in the province of Yunnan, considered one of the most important projects implemented by China’s public and road infrastructure industry.